Therapy is a two-way street and I have gained so much wisdom from my clients. Here's a sampling;
- The human spirit can survive extreme adversity, pain & abuse.
- Believe in your dreams and they’ll believe in you.
- Children are resilient and magical.
- To truly love others, you must first love yourself.
- Parental love heals.
- Healthy, happy couples create healthy, happy children.
- Even the most attractive, talented & successful people can feel lonely.
- Being honest with yourself helps you heal.
- People can appear very differently than they feel.
- Reach out and someone may hold your hand.
- You are not alone.
- Laughter really is the best medicine.
- Being honest with yourself is as scary as it is liberating.
- Your abuser may never admit what he/she has done but you can free yourself from the pain anyway.
- You’re only as ill as the secrets you keep.
- It’s okay to feel angry.
- Marriages can get better if you are both committed and willing to work hard.
- A little understanding stretches a mile.
- This too shall pass.